Recent Completed Project on 'Root Cause Failure Analysis of a Push Plate Sub Sample' for an Asian Power Plant
ETD is pleased to announce the successful recent completion of a failure analysis project.
An Asian based client approached ETD to provide a quotation to perform Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCA) of a push plate sub sample.
The scope of the work carried out was:
- Visual examination of the sample including component appearance, evidence of corrosion and/or other surface defects;
- Assessment of condition of the surfaces;
- Dimensional examination of the sample to examine the thickness;
- Chemical analysis of base material to determine the chemical composition of the sample material to establish actual material constituents;
- Metallographic examination of the sample using optical microscopy to assess the condition of surfaces, material degradation and also to identify the damage mechanism(s);
- Further assessment using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) to confirm the damage mechanism;
- Hardness testing and evaluation to determine the equivalent tensile strength values (using published hardness/UTS correlation tables) to assess the mechanical strength or softening of the sample materials or welds;
- Basic review of design drawings, operating parameters, previous failure and maintenance history.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCA) based on the findings of above investigations.
- Report covering results of investigations, RCA and recommendations for any further actions to be taken for safe operation of the components.
For more information on our Failure Analysis services please click here.