Investigation and Condition Assessment of P91 Large Bore Piping for a European Power Plant
The client required an independent technical review of all their P91 material following the discovery of some cracking in the manufactured welds. Therefore, ETD were approached to submit a proposal with the objective of assessing the condition/ suitability of the piping system for safe start-up and long-term use.
Required work included:
- Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and Weld Procedure Qualification Records (WPQR);
- Weld and parent metal microstructures (reports including microstructure images supplied by the client);
- Mechanical test results for full section weld sample;
- Metallographic reports on surface breaking and detected subsurface defects;
- Fitness for Service (FFS) study reports;
- Contractors consultant report on weld condition;
- Extent and type of NDT carried out on completed welds.
The final report included the results of documents review and the recommendations of any additional actions/testing considered necessary to ensure the integrity of the piping system.
For more information on our condition assessment services, please click here.