The client required an independent technical review of all their P91 material following the discovery of some cracking in the manufactured welds. Therefore, ETD were approached to submit a proposal with the objective of assessing the condition/ suitability of the piping system for safe start-up and long-term use.
Required work included:
- Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and Weld Procedure Qualification Records (WPQR);
- Weld and parent metal microstructures (reports including microstructure images supplied by the client);
- Mechanical test results for full section weld sample;
- Metallographic reports on surface breaking and detected subsurface defects;
- Fitness for Service (FFS) study reports;
- Contractors consultant report on weld condition;
- Extent and type of NDT carried out on completed welds.
The final report included the results of documents review and the recommendations of any additional actions/testing considered necessary to ensure the integrity of the piping system.
For more information on our condition assessment services, please click here.