ETD is pleased to announce the recent completion of a root cause failure analysis project.
A European based client approached ETD to provide a quote concerning matters on its boiler and was asked to perform review of 10 reports for tube deposit analysis and make recommendations for boiler chemical cleaning.
The scope of the work carried out included:
- Reviewing previous 10 reports of tube deposit analysis conducted by a third party;
- Reviewing design drawings of tube arrangement, design & operating parameters, previous failure and maintenance history of the boilers;
- Making some risk calculations to establish the criticality of the situation to determine whether the boiler chemical cleaning is required immediately or not;
- Making recommendations on the cleaning solvents (i.e. suitable solvents used for boiler tube chemical cleaning purposes) based on the results of reports review;
- Preparing a final report covering results of all above investigations & recommendations for any suitable actions to be taken for safe operation of the boiler.